If you knew there was a simple way to increase your reach, and captivate your audience while experiencing minimal cost, wouldn’t you want to know how?
Millions of people are using Facebook for communication, entertainment, and information searches every day. The advantages of using a social network like Facebook are vast, so vast that it seems, that neglecting to use it puts your business at a huge disadvantage from the get go.
Creating a page for your business will provide you with a platform to share photos, exchange opinions, join interest groups, and push your material out to the public. The issue of late, is that the organic reach you can achieve on Facebook is no longer prioritising you the way it used to.
Below I am going to describe how Facebook Ad Tools can deliver you with the most effective and straightforward ads to help you reach and retain the attention of large audiences through their news feed.
This is, without a doubt, the number one leading trend for online marketing. Video content has skyrocketed over the past few months, and for good reason. These days, 93% of marketers are using videos as part of their ad campaigns; so what is it that they understand about the power of video? Let’s find out.
Videos allow you to make a stronger connection with your audience. It evokes a more emotional response (in the same way an image is more likely to cause a response than a written post on it’s own). We’ve said it before but here it is again: if a picture says a thousand words, how many does a video say? You can convey a huge amount of information in a small amount of time through video, and this is a massively valuable trait considering human kind’s rapidly decreasing attention span.
The ability to create a connection or evoke an emotion is what leads your audience to engage with your content. Better engagement will positively impact your reach.
If you are working in tourism, this is a golden opportunity to create a video that will drive your campaign further. Think about making a short capture that includes travel tips, beautiful imagery, a useful destination guide, etc.
A well edited, high quality video should work to: increase your brand awareness, generate traffic, encourage lead generation, and fire up your conversion rates.
- Create shorter videos of 30 seconds – 1 min (or even less), this will increase your levels of completed views. Plus, viewer attention tapers off the longer the video plays.
- Design for sound off: add text of subtitles for video or use imagery that make sense with sound
- Avoid spreading text all over the video thumbnail image because you will run the risk of getting a ‘text penalty’, and won’t be able to run your ad.
You can use the Ads Targeting function to target specific groups of highly engaged people. Well-targeted ads are more efficient in so many ways, but the most basic explanation I can offer is that you will reach more people for less money.
Ads targeting helps:
- Find the right customers across devices including desktop, mobile, and tablets
- Deliver relevant messages to specific audiences you have already identified, as well as potential new audiences.
Get the most value from your ad spend by reaching only the people that matter to you
Using the ads targeting tool is not a complicated process, but to ensure you’re getting the most out of its functionality, there are 6 important and valuable targets that you should keep in mind:
- Custom Audiences
- Audience Reach
Pick the most relevant targets for your business, and you should be seeing increased levels of reach and engagement in no time.
This is the new generation of Facebook ads; the carousel format allows you to show up to ten images or videos within a single advert, each with its own link.
You can highlight different products, showcase specific details about one product, service or promotion, or tell a story about your brand that develops across each carousel card.
The benefits of this are huge:
- You have more space to tell your story or showcase your products.
- To see your whole story, people can swipe or click through the carousel.
- You have up to ten cards that you can fill with photos or videos to tell your story creatively.
Here are some creative ways to use the carousel format:
- Show multiple products/services: Give customers more options and encourage them to purchase or use by showing a different product on each carousel card, with links to different landing pages.
- Highlight different features of a single product: Use each carousel card to show different product angles or details to better inform customers.
- Tell a story: Use images or videos in succession to illustrate a compelling narrative.
- Explain a process: Walk people through how your business works step by step.
The greatest benefit of the carousel function for you, is that you can convey a huge amount of information in a small amount of space.
Advertising on Instagram
I recently wrote about Instagram and explained its role as a powerful social media platform to reach millennials, but there’s so much more to it than that. Do you know why?
Advertising on Instagram can drive awareness, increase customers and gives you a platform to share your story with a highly engaged audience.
Like father like son, Instagram also use these ad tools. Take the opportunity to increase your reach, and push out your marketing content in a more effective and efficient way:
- Photo Ads: Tell your story through a clean, simple and beautiful creative canvas.
- Video Ads: Get the same visually immersive quality as photo ads—with the added power of sight, sound and motion.
- Carousel Ads: Bring another layer of depth to campaigns where people can swipe to view additional photos or videos in a single ad.
- Stories Ads: Complement your feed content with ads on Instagram Stories. Connect with the 250M+ people using stories daily.
Here are a couple of extra expert tips to further drive up your engagement numbers and maximise your creative options:
- Photos & video can be in square or landscape format.
- Recommended photo/video size: 1080×1080 px for square images or 1080x566px for horizontal images
- Video should be in 30 seconds – 1 min to ensure optimal attention from your audience.